Your home is one of the most important assets in your life. The last thing you want is for it to be vulnerable in case a hurricane strikes. Unfortunately, many people don’t realize the precautions they could have taken to fortify their home until a storm wreaks its havoc. If you take the following precautionary steps, you may be able to avoid costly damage:
- Ensure that your home and flood insurance is up to date
- Secure your windows with shutters or plywood, or invest in impact-resistant windows
- Cut down any trees and branches close to your home and car
- Turn off the gas and power to your home, and if you don’t know how, contact a gas or electric company for instructions
- Purchase a generator, along with several 5-gallon gas cans
Storm Tight Windows of Texas Can Help
At Storm Tight Windows, we offer high-end vinyl replacement windows that can help fortify your home during a hurricane. They are incredibly durable, with the thickest vinyl construction in the industry. They are designed with steel-reinforced frames and glass that resists damage from wind-blown debris. Our windows also exceed the standards set forth by Miami-Dade – the strictest code requirements in the country.
Learn more about the impressive features and benefits of our Hurricane Impact windows and doors, contact Storm Tight Windows of Texas today. We would be happy to provide you with more information and schedule an in-home consultation at your convenience. We manufacture all of our custom windows in our own facility. Each window comes with a lifetime transferable warranty.